Just finished with a fun BlogTalkRadio interview with Alex (aka @Roadlesstaken). You can listen to the podcast by clicking this link. One of the things we talked about is the positive aspects of Xanga. I’m a big believer in this community and I am willing to put my money where my mouth is.
This is where our fundraising stood as of 9:30 pm Eastern Time, Thursday June 27th – right as the radio show ended. Some people are complaining that a $48 fee to blog on Xanga 2.0 ($0.13 a day!) is too expensive. Now, I’ve already pledged $240 for five, one-year memberships. Even though I’m only working part time, that’s how much I want Xanga to survive.
To help increase contributions to relaunch Xanga, here’s my offer:
For the first five people to send me proof of pledging $48 after 9:30 pm Eastern Time on Thursday June 27th, I will match your pledges with my own additional pledge totaling $240.
Those additional memberships I pledge will be made available, first-come, first-serve for people who feel they cannot otherwise afford to remain on Xanga.
Have you already pledged? Feel free to pledge some more?
Haven’t pledged already? Here’s the chance to double the impact of your pledge!
Here’s the “fine print” of the details – pardon my lack of experience writing legalese:
- The intent of this offer is to drive at least $240 in new pledges to the Xanga Relaunch effort.
- To qualify for the match, you must send me proof of your pledge that was made after 9:30 pm Eastern time on Thursday June 27th.
- Once I have received five proof of pledges totaling $240, I will make an additional pledge for $240.
- When Xanga 2.0 successfully launches, I will invite people who feel they cannot afford to pay for the blogging to contact me for a one-year membership. This process will be subject to whatever steps Xanga management sets up for assigning memberships to other people.
- Any questions? Feel free to send me a message.
Thanks for supporting the Xanga community! #WeAreXanga