It has been six days since my last post. Tawn and I have logged about 15,000 air miles flying BKK-SIN-HKG-SFO-DEN-MCI-DEN-SEA-DEN-MCI-DEN-SFO and have seen way too much of Denver International Airport.
Highlights of the trip:
- Christmas Eve with my aunt and uncle, Dick and Sandy Tebow, and their family in Newark, CA.
- Christmas dinner in Kansas City with my grandparents, parents, sister and brother in law, niece, et. al.
- Busy packing all of my remaining things to bring back to BKK or to store at my sister’s house as my parents will put my late Grandmother’s house on the market in the next few months.
- Surprise Christmas trip for Tawn – I flew us to Seattle on the 28th to watch Pink Martini perform live (complete with a 20-piece Brazillian drum corp), and to eat dinner with our friends Kate and Chris Rogers at Dahlia’s Lounge. More on that fantastic evening later.
- Late lunch this afternoon with Brad and Anne Marie Roberts and their lovely 3.5-year old, Sydney, who entertained us with modern interpretive ballet moves afterwards.
- Successfully received my “new” computer from headquarters, an IBM T30 that weighs about 10 pounds. Better than my previous “new” computer, a Dell Latitude CPx, which was lighter but about to die.
- Dinner this evening with Bruce Maxwell and Howie Lee at their cozy home in San Ramon, CA. Bruce whipped up some stuffed porkchops on his brand new professional grade range.
We’ll spend the New Year’s weekend in SF and fly out Sunday night back home. More details and pictures in the next few days.